СОПРОВОДИТЕЛЬНЫЕ ДОКУМЕНТЫ
КОНТАКТЫ
Вы находитесь здесь : 
Skip Navigation LinksГлавная \ Форум \ Форум    
Добро пожаловать, Гость Поиск | Активные темы | Вход | Регистрация

Новая тема Ответить
Miserable world
ThomasDuncan
#1 Оставлено : 29 августа 2022 г. 8:01:33(UTC)

Ранг: Newbie

Группы: Registered

Сказал(а) «Спасибо»: 0 раз
"Forty sous for him," replied Madame Thenardier, in her old tone; "a poor man who comes to live in a house must not be given less." "That's true," her husband added gently. "It's bad luck to have such people in the house." By this time the man had deposited his bundle and his stick on the bench, and had seated himself near a table, while Cosette hurriedly placed a bottle of wine and a glass on the table. The merchant who asked for water first carried the bucket to feed the horses himself. Cosette returned to her chopping table and sat down to work. The man poured himself a glass of wine, and as soon as he brought it to his mouth, he observed the child with a strange expression. Cosette was ugly. If she were happy, she might be prettier. We have already sketched the figure of this gloomy little person. Cosette was thin and pale; she was nearly eight years old, but she looked as if she were a child of six. The two big eyes were deeply hidden in a shadow and had lost their luster, which was due to frequent crying. The curve of the corners of her mouth showed a long period of inner pain, reminiscent of prisoners awaiting execution and patients who knew they could not be saved. Her hand, as her mother had guessed, was "ruined in frostbite.". At that time, the fire in the stove was shining on her, which made the bones of her body stand out and made her look so thin that it was sad. As she was often shivering with cold, she had acquired the habit of clinging to her knees. All her clothes were just rags, which would have been pitiful in summer and miserable in winter. There was only a cloth dress full of holes on her body,Stainless Steel Hand wash Basin, and not an inch of wool fabric. Her flesh was visible everywhere, and all over her body there were the black and blue marks made by the Thenardier. Two bare legs, red and thin. The socket of the clavicle is painful to see. The child, from head to foot, her manner, her look, her voice,Stainless Steel Shower Tray, her dullness of speech, the way she looked at people, the fact that she did not speak when she saw them, all showed and revealed only one feeling: fear. Fear, so to speak, enveloped her, and made her elbows close to her waist, and her heels close to her skirt, and made her take up as little space as possible, and take in as little unnecessary air as possible. That fear, so to speak, had become the norm for her, Self-closing Shower Valve ,Flushometer valve, and there was no other change except that it increased. In the corner of her eyes there was a look of fear and uncertainty, and that was where terror hid. Cosette's fear had reached such a pitch that when she came home, soaked to the skin, she dared not go to the fire to dry her clothes, but went quietly to her work. The eyes of the eight-year-old child were often so sad, and sometimes so sad, that at certain moments she looked as if she were becoming an idiot or a monster. As we have said, she never knew what prayer was, and she never set foot in the door of the chapel. Do I still have that kind of free time? As Madame Thenardier used to say. The man in the yellow coat kept looking at Cosette, and never took his eyes off her. Cried the Thenardier suddenly: I remember! Where's the bread? When the Thenardier raised her voice, Cosette made haste to emerge from under the table, and now she made haste to emerge as usual. She had forgotten all about the bread. She had to do what children who live in constant terror do: lie. Ma'am, the bakery is closed. "You should have knocked." "I did, ma'am." "What happens after knocking?" "He won't open it." "I shall know whether it is true or not to-morrow," said the Thenardier, "and if you tell a lie, I shall see to it that you dance about. Wait, and return the fifteen sous first. Cosette thrust her hand into the pocket of her apron, and her face became livid. The fifteen sous is no more. What's wrong Said the Thenardier. "Did you hear me?" Cosette turned the bag inside out, but there was nothing in it. Where did the money go? Poor kid can't say a word. She was petrified. Have you lost the fifteen sous? The Thenardier flew into a rage. "Or are you trying to cheat me of my money?" At the same time she reached for the whip that hung by the hearth.
This terrible gesture made Cosette cry out: "Spare me!"! Ma'am! Ma'am! I dare not. Madame Thenardier had removed the whip. At that moment the man in the yellow coat fumbled in the pocket of his waistcoat, but no one saw him. The other guests were drinking or playing cards, and did not notice anything. Cosette, frightened, was crouching in the corner of the fireplace, trying to hide her limbs, which were exposed outside her short skirt. The Thenardier raised her arm. "I beg your pardon, sister-in-law," said the man, "I just saw something fall out of a little girl's apron pocket and roll on the ground. Maybe that's the money. At the same time he bent down and seemed to search the ground for a moment. Yes, here it is. He stood up and said. He handed a silver coin to the Thenardier. Yes, that's it. She said. It was not it, for it was a twenty-sou piece, but the Thenardier took advantage of it. She stuffed the money into her pocket and said to the child, "Don't do that again, absolutely not!" Cosette returned to her old place, which the Thenardier called "her nest.". Her large eyes, fixed on the strange visitor, began to show something that they had never seen before. It was only a kind of naive surprise, but there was already a kind of uncertain admiration in it. Hey, do you want to have dinner? Asked Madame Thenardier of the guest. He won't answer. He seems to be thinking carefully. Who on earth is this man? She clenched her teeth and said, "He must be a pauper.". How can such a thing have money for dinner? He may not be able to pay for my room. The silver coin on the ground,Prison toilet for sale, which he had not thought to put into his pocket, was remarkable. Then a door opened, and Eponine and Azelma came in. cnkexin.com
Быстрый ответ Показать форму быстрого ответа
Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему
Новая тема Ответить